Our May – June 2015 Newsletter has been posted! Find it on our Newsletter page.
Our March – April 2015 Newsletter has been posted! Find it on our Newsletter page.
Please see below link to information sheet pertaining to currently proposed legislation for Turtle Bay Conservation.
This historic agreement to conserve 5 miles of shoreline and over 665 acres of land, and to ensure public access to over 8 miles of recreational trails is in jeopardy.
The legislation has not moved forward on the bill (SB 284) that would ensure last year’s conservation transaction becomes a success. SB 284 makes technical changes to the financing bill that passed with overwhelming support (THANKS TO YOU !!!) last session to extend the time the State, County, private landowners, and community partners have to complete the transaction.
Please take a moment to send an email to the House of Representatives to ask them to support the completion of the Turtle Bay Conservation deal that was approved last session, and to stand by the Governor in the collaborative effort.
Key house leaders to contact today (Note: Clicking on any of the below <mailto:… link will launch your email program pre-filled with the email address):
- Speaker Joe Souki – <mailto:repsouki@Capitol.hawaii.gov> 808-586-6100
- Majority Leader Scott Saiki – <mailto:repsaiki@Capitol.hawaii.gov> 808-586-8485
- Tourism Committee Chair Tom Brower – <mailto:repbrower@Capitol.hawaii.gov> 808-586-8520
- Water/Land Committee Chair Ryan Yamane – <mailto:repyamane@Capitol.hawaii.gov> 808-586-6150
- Finance Chair Sylvia Luke – <mailto:repluke@Capitol.hawaii.gov> 808-586-6200
- Mail the Entire House at <mailto:reps@Capitol.hawaii.gov> .
The next Board Meeting of the Friends of Hanauma Bay will be held at 6:00pm Tuesday, 17 March 2015 in the downstairs Meeting Room of the Hawaii Kai Public Library. The library address is 249 Lunalilo Home Road, Honolulu, HI 96925
See flyer below and please turn out to support this worthwhile effort!!